Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Forgiveness

It's strange that people think that by saying 'I'm sorry' everything will just be alright. I don't agree with that at all. I guess it's alright when you bump into someone and said I'm sorry. But lets just put this into a scenario where that person (hereby known as 'the offender') has been saying sorry to you for everything and anything that the offender does wrong. Flaws are forgivable at times and I know since people don't change, flaws usually follows them. But what if it's something that have been going on again and again that the offender have been doing, do you just sweep it under the carpet over and over again when the offender says "I'm sorry"? I'm sure everyone have a certain level of tolerance that he or she can absorb (I won't even use the word 'handle' since by accepting apology is more like absorbing the hurt and mistake that the offender did). Like a sponge there is a level when it can not absorb anymore, what then? You blow over. You get pissy and angry. Then when anger erupts, argument ensue. And then? You either resolve or you don't. If you choose not to give up your stand and not resolve, what then? Argue on? Hmmm....

No comments: