Monday, March 16, 2009

First Impression

I was thought by my mom that first impression is the most important thing when you meet with someone the very first time. You don't want to screw that up. So I went on with my life with that note of 'wisdom' instilled into my mind. May it be my dressing (well especially my dressing), my attitude or my behaviour, I always try my best to make a good first impression on whoever I'm meeting with. This, sad (happy?) to say that I too hold a greast importance on impression I have on people that I meet.

If you're an a**hole or a b**tard, by reputation or by my own observation, I'll dislike (hate?) you at sight. And pretty much nothing you can do down the line that will make me change my mind. Don't get me wrong, even if I have a good impression of you, that don't mean that I won't dislike you next time when you screw up. Just that the benefits is that I'll be less hostile and be civil and not think violent thoughts that I wish it upon you. Of course am not saying the first offender doesn't get a chance, just that you have to make a bigger impression to me that shows me that you're not the a**hole that I thought you were the first time.

But I have never met anyone who I can dislike even after I gave him a benefit of doubt. He, I would categorise as "Royally F**ked Up His First Impression" when I first got to know him. by being the sore loser and worse, a know-it-all. Then of course followed by being an insensitive idiot and a busybody. Enough said, he screws up every possible chance I reserves.

But but but, he's a colleague and a friend of a friend, hence I got to play nice. I try to be civil and all that. But I find it really hard. I admit I dislike the guy. And once someone manage to get into my nerve (and I must say, it's kinda hard to do), I find it hard to find a good point in the person and live with it. Natural instinct will tell me to attack and find his weak points. Once found, I go for the kill. So I don't like it when he's around like hanging out or having lunch with. He's a colleague, I can't chase him away even if I want to. Also, he will just follow even if I don't invite, so I can't escape. Sigh... What am I going to do? I may just resolve in stay in office to eat by myself occasionally or just plain ignoring him which I'm quite good at when he is around.

P/S: I am trying to like/tolerate the guy even though I don't like it. Sigh.. tis very hard...

No comments: